#critlib Unconference 2017
The #critlib Unconference 2017 is an opportunity to gather with the #critlib community and compatriots, exchange ideas, and push the LIS conversation in a critically conscious direction.
This unconference event can accommodate:
- Discussions about social justice, inclusion, radical and critical theory, and LIS
- Working groups and the creation of groups of like-minded folks to solve critical LIS issues
- Lightning talks, knowledge sharing, and brainstorming
- Marxist puns and cat pictures
- Anything you can think of that might be relevant to a critically conscious LIS conversation
This will be an open (you don’t have to be registered for ACRL!), inclusive space in which the group determines the structure. We look forward to having you there.
Date & Time
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
9:30 am – 3:30 pm
Elm Ballroom, SMC Campus Center (2nd Floor)
University of Maryland, Baltimore
(find more details on our Schedule & Logistics page)
This venue has been provided courtesy of the Health Sciences and Human Services Library of the University of Maryland, Baltimore.
- Breakfast pastries along with coffee and tea will be provided in the morning, courtesy of the Health Sciences and Human Services Library of the University of Maryland, Baltimore.
- Lunch will be on your own.
What is an unconference?
At an unconference, the participants determine the program: there are no predetermined presentations and panels. Everyone will have an opportunity to suggest session topics and we will vote on the program at the beginning of the event.
How is this different from ACRL?
- The #critlib unconference is not formally affiliated with ACRL. It is open to non-ACRL conference registrants, but we hope that ACRL participants will join us here too.
- The unconference allows a more openly critical, social justice perspective.
- This will be a small concentrated group with specific focus.
- This is a less common conference theme.
Keep the #critlib going!
View (and add to) our list of sessions of #critlib interest at the ACRL conference.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Logo, header, and animation design by Daniel Frumhoff.